Attention, attention, read all about it! We're in the news!
- More Magic: MJLC Doubles Enrollment in New Space|Ahwatukee Foothills News|July 14, 2015
- Magical Journey students raise 1K for Feed my Starving Children|Ahwatukee Foothills News|March 29, 2015
- MJLC donates Easter baskets.|Ahwatukee Foothills News|April 20, 2014
- MJLC students open their hearts to the community.|Ahwatukee Foothills News|May 25, 2014
- Real hope for Autism, Julie was Eli's teacher.|News Enterprise.Net| February 6, 2013
- Ahwatukee learning center offers smaller school setting.|Ahwatukee Foothills News|October 1, 2013
- Julie Fischer awarded teacher of the month!|Ahwatukee Foothills News|2012
- Local teachers open new school.|Ahwatukee Foothills News|March 23, 2012
- Does your teacher do this? It takes a village.|ManagedMoms.com|March 27, 2012
- Two veteran teachers team up to open new school.|AZ Central|June 27, 2012
- Michelle has always incorporated service into her curriculum.|Ahwatukee Foothills News| April 25, 2011
- Thanksgiving dinners for the homeless.|Ahwatukee Foothills News|November 24, 2011
- Coming through for Christmas.|Ahwatukee Foothills News|December 11, 2011
The buzz around town...
To provide a world-class education for all children, we believe it is important for us to keep current with education research, public policy, and teaching techniques. We also believe close-knit communities communicate about important issues. Here are some educational resources we find relevant as well as current information about education in Arizona. When we know better, we do better!
- Educational Blog - EdCentral - provides relevant research and information for early education through higher education.
- A Child Becomes a Reader - The National Institute for Literacy published this research-based resource for parents explaining how to help kindergarteners through third-graders become better readers.
- StartEmpathy.org - a great resource for empathy education.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children - resource to help parents identify quality education programs.
- U.S. Dept. of Education - current research about early learning effectiveness
- Language gap begins in infancy - there is a vast different in language skills between children raised in affluent and poor economic situations.
- Want to get your kids into college? - Let them play! A great CNN article written by a Harvard professor and an early childhood educator.
- Arizona last in teacher pay & per pupil funding - a recent article from the blog of the Phoenix Business Journal.
- Center for Public Education - research describing the short-term and long-term benefits of high quality pre-k programs.
- National Institute for Early Education Research - High Quality Preschool: Why we Need it and What it Looks Like.
- We help our children learn to self-regulate their behaviors, a vital social-emotional skill.